Will Dyson on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:19:32 -0400

Re: [PLUG] SuSe 7.3 with apcupsd

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 09:48, Doug Crompton wrote:
> Is anyone using SuSe and apcupsd? or apcupsd and anything? I am trying to
> get an APC SmartUPS to fully work with it. I have communications and it
> shuts down the system powerfail plus battery percentage left but will not
> power down the UPS. It will protect the system by powering down but the
> system would never come back up at power restore the way it is working.

I haven't used apcupsd and can't speak to your particular issue. But I
defineatly recommend NUT (Network Ups Tools) over any other UPS daemon.
It is flexible, mature and supports nearly every UPS available.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/networkupstools/

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman