Doug Crompton on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:15:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Comcast problems

No The 68.x.x.x ping I do is to the assigned IP address (through DHCP) of
the WAN (cable modem connected) side of the linksys router. So I am
pinging locally from the the 192.168.x.x connected devices to the linksys
WAN side. Pinging beyond that point (when the problem exists) gives no
response although it appears that the data lights are flashing on the
linksys and modem.

Doug

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Michael Leone wrote:

> Doug Crompton said:
> > To be more specific.. the problem appears as a loss of connection but
> > all indicators show that things are OK. The lights on the modem and
> > linksys look good. The linksys webpage status shows good IP addresses
> > for the WAN (comcast) side. Pinging that address works.
>
> So, you can ping a Comcast server on Comcast's IP range, but no one
> else's? Even if pinging by IP address, and not name? That sure sounds like
> it's a Comcast router problem - that it's not passing your packets to
> anywhere else off their IP range, or not allowing them to be passed.

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *