Michael Leone on Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:50:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Comcast problems

Doug Crompton said:
> To be more specific.. the problem appears as a loss of connection but
> all indicators show that things are OK. The lights on the modem and
> linksys look good. The linksys webpage status shows good IP addresses
> for the WAN (comcast) side. Pinging that address works.

So, you can ping a Comcast server on Comcast's IP range, but no one
else's? Even if pinging by IP address, and not name? That sure sounds like
it's a Comcast router problem - that it's not passing your packets to
anywhere else off their IP range, or not allowing them to be passed.

> Pinging anywhere else fails. Computers connected to the linksys can ping
> each other in their
> 192.168.x.x lan. Reseting everything can bring it up for awhile then it
> fails again.
>
> It looks like the Belkin has good reviews. Maybe I should try it.
>
> Doug
>
> ****************************
> *  Doug Crompton	   *
> *  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
> *  215-431-6307		   *
> * doug@crompton.com        *
> * wa3dsp@wa3dsp.ampr.org   *
> * http://www.crompton.com  *

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>

Some days you're the pigeon; some days you're the statue.

Random Thought: