christophe barbé on Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:50:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: salary related question

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 06:01:12PM -0400, Gregson Helledy wrote:
> Quick calculations are often done based on a 2,000 hour working year.  This
> is based on 50 weeks of actual work (2 weeks' vacation).  It also makes it
> easy because to go from hourly to year you just double and add 3 zeroes:
> Worker X earns $10 per hour, so that's $20K per year.

So I was not so wrong. In France, we used to speak about /year salaries.
Here it seems to be half /day and half /year. I was worriyng that there
was something meaninful that I was missing.

Thanks for the info,
Christophe