Leon Simms on Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:40:07 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: salary related question

christophe

There is no trick but a useful rough calculation is in
fact to double or halve your salary depending on which
way you are going.

If you make $5 an hour that is $200 weekly (5*40=200)
For 52 weeks a year $200*52 = ~$10,000 a year.

So if your number is 40k, you will make $20 an hour

Sucks to be me, I make 21k a year (grad student) so
10.50 an hour, then again some union guys don't make
that much.

BTW, I am a complex linux newbie having some trouble
with getting mandrake on my laptop working.  If there
is anyone is in West Philly area who would like to
help out me out.  I willing to put the time and effort
if someone can help.

Thanks,