christophe barbé on Fri, 30 Aug 2002 01:10:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: salary related question

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:21:27PM -0700, Leon Simms wrote:
> christophe
>
> There is no trick but a useful rough calculation is in
> fact to double or halve your salary depending on which
> way you are going.

Ok. I was just too suspicious.

> Sucks to be me, I make 21k a year (grad student) so
> 10.50 an hour, then again some union guys don't make
> that much.

I sucks not so much. When I was a student the transformation from /year
to /day was very easy thanks to a propriety of the zero.

> BTW, I am a complex linux newbie having some trouble
> with getting mandrake on my laptop working.  If there
> is anyone is in West Philly area who would like to
> help out me out.  I willing to put the time and effort
> if someone can help.

Sounds like something that can be done in the background of a PLUG
meeting. That said I am not a Mandrake expert (but I am French as
Mandrake), but more a debian king of guy.

Thanks,
Christophe

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.
--English proverb