Thomas Thurman on Fri, 30 Aug 2002 05:08:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] FTP Server Configuration

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, John Lavin wrote:
> I would like to set up a ftp server.  I want to keep anonymous ftp
> off, and have a user log in with a id I provide that has reduced access
> to my system -- say, restrict the ftp server to one partition or
> directory structure.

Have you looked at proftpd? You can specify which directories a user has
access to, and what they can do there (for sites that want it, the
anonymous user is implemented this way, rather than as a special case).

<http://www.proftpd.org/docs/faq/linked/faq-ch5.html#AEN656> is the
relevant FAQ section.