mike.h on Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:00:11 +0200

RE: [PLUG] OT: salary related question

Title: RE: [PLUG] OT: salary related question

Also, if they work more than (I believe the number is) 35 hours per week, they must be offered access to a benefits plan.

?
This will be welcome news to the millions of full-time employees with no health insurance. Various state laws apply, may depend upon company size, etc.., etc.

-mike
-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org [mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Jeyes, David (371)
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 9:14 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: RE: [PLUG] OT: salary related question

This isn't exactly true. Anyone who is paid hourly and makes more than 27.45/ hour is not necessarily entitled to overtime pay.

In all reality hourly pay is not such a bad deal. Anyone in a salaried "professional" position is also not entitled to overtime. My schedule currently demands a minimum of 50 hrs per week with no overtime.

Although you may not always be entitled to time and a half, hourly employees must always be paid for every hour that they work. Also, if they work more than (I believe the number is) 35 hours per week, they must be offered access to a benefits plan.

Bonuses are just that in either case- subject to whim and, more so, negotiation.

From your friendly neighborhood technical recruiter.

Regards,
Dave Jeyes