Noah silva on Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:23:15 -0400

Re: Kylix - Re: [PLUG] upcoming topic

There is:

a.) a Demo of the enterprise version
b.) the "open edition".

It's been out like a week...

The Kylix3 package containds both.

http://www.borland.com/kylix/

I only played with the open edition so far.  I installed it into Debian
Testing, which isn't supported, but the Pascal portion works fine.  I get
some shared library problems when I go to compile in c++ builder, but I
havn't tried very hard to resolve them.

The good news is that the oe v3 now contains much more functionality than
oe v2.  (for example, the frame component is now included).

Either way, you should download and install the Indy componants if you are
interested in any networking functionality.

 -- noah silva