Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:12:21 -0400

Re: Kylix - Re: [PLUG] upcoming topic

On Friday 06 September 2002 05:22 pm, Noah silva wrote:
> There is:
>
> a.) a Demo of the enterprise version
> b.) the "open edition".
>
> It's been out like a week...
>
> The Kylix3 package containds both.
>
> http://www.borland.com/kylix/ ;
>
> I only played with the open edition so far.  I installed it into
> Debian Testing, which isn't supported, but the Pascal portion works
> fine.  I get some shared library problems when I go to compile in c++
> builder, but I havn't tried very hard to resolve them.
>
> The good news is that the oe v3 now contains much more functionality
> than oe v2.  (for example, the frame component is now included).
>
> Either way, you should download and install the Indy componants if
> you are interested in any networking functionality.

I downloaded the OE version.  While I was there, I looked for
Interbase.  They used to give away IB6, now it looks like just demos of
IB6.5  Do they still give away the older versions?  I couldn't find the
link.