Bill Jonas on Sat, 7 Sep 2002 13:28:16 -0400

[PLUG] VoIP

I'm starting to get interested in VoIP.  I've been doing some Google
searches and such.  It seems that the VoIP standard is H.323 and that
Microsoft Netmeeting supports this standard.  This means, I presume,
that one could do audio and/or video conferencing with a NetMeeting user
from Linux as long as your Linux software supported the proper standard,
like, say, Gnomemeeting.  Is this true, in anyone's experience?

Has anyone played around with audio (VoIP) and/or A/V conferencing?  Any
experiences, suggestions, URLs, etc?  Any guidance is appreciated.
Google searches aren't being overly helpful and I wanted to see if
anyone had suggestions for software, etc. that they've had experience
with.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin