Michael Leone on Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:17:25 -0400

Re: [PLUG] IPTables Debian Comcast

Fred K Ollinger said:
>> I have a gateway built from Debian using IPTables running 2.4.18 on
>> two ethernet nic's where one is connected to the Comcast COM21
>> broadband modem. For some unknown reason the line becomes unstable
>> after 'x' hours of usage and I seem to loose my IP, and the only way
>> to correct this is to run dhclient again (or pump -i eth1) and
>> establishing a new
>> connection with the new IP. Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior
>> before?
>
> Verizon randomly drops my connection.

It's not truly random - it's set to happen on any day that has a "y" as
the last letter in it's name ...

> I'm going to randomly drop them when the contract expires.

Heh. Keep them for the line; just change them as the ISP. That's what I
did - went with DCA.NET 2 yrs ago now. Haven't regretted it since.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>

Some days you're the pigeon; some days you're the statue.

Random Thought: