Bob Schwier on Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:17:36 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Uninstalling Linux

lilo -u only works if it really did back up the original information.
That was my problem.  I had to hand copy an MBR as per advice from Norton
Utilities (Version 8, page B-66) and then repair the partition table.
Because of other problems, I have not repaired the Linux partition except
to make it bootable from floppy disk.  Other problems got in my way, you
know, life.

Anyway, my nephew blessed me with a working 8088 IBM XT replete with
original hardware such as a full size 5 1/4 drive and a full size ten meg
hard drive.  This wonder is a museum piece.  Does anybody know a museum to
give it to?
bs