W. Chris Shank on Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:06:19 -0400

[PLUG] Good Tape Backup Software?

I need to find good and easy to use tape backup software for linux (RH7.2)
and a TRAVAN 20G IDE tapedrive. Currently, I'm using a simple script that
tar.gz's and dumps to tape. However, it is very difficult to 1) ensure
that all the stuff is getting on the tape 2) retrieving subsets of data
from the tape. I looked in the Arkei free version, but it seems to only
work with SCSI tapes. Does anyone know if it works with IDE tapes? What
other good options are out there? The software does't have to be free, but
it needs to be VERY reasonably priced. Your experiences, thoughts, and
suggestions are appreciated.

Chris