Dan Roberts on Tue, 24 Sep 2002 05:30:06 +0200

[PLUG] webserving

ladies and gentlemen,

i have a question for all of you on setting up a webserver.. i didnt feel that it was basic and couldnt figure out the answer on my own, so i therefore turned to you all for your respected opinions on the matter. let me summarize my hw situation to give you a background.

i have a static IP dsl connection, with a red hat box running as a firewall/gateway. i have another linux box that i would like to be my webserver, however it is currently part of my interior private network.

that out of the way - is there anyway that i can have my firewall pass an http request through it to the webserver so that an outsider could access it as if it were not part of my internal network? if not, is there any way that i could connect both the boxes to my router so that http requests only go to the one, and all others go to the current firewall?

any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

thanks,
dan roberts
2L, villanova school of law
fboston@hotmail.com