Sean Finney on Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:40:06 +0200

Re: [PLUG] webserving

hi dan,

yeah, that's definitely do-able, and i've done it myself a while
back.  basically, you need to set up some iptables rules that forward
port 80 on your firewall box to port 80 on the webserver inside your
interior network.

i've never had to do this in linux (my firewall runs with netbsd and
ipf), but it should be just a single rule or two.  for reference,
i'd suggest man iptables, and /usr/share/doc/iptables, or wherever
your distribution keeps docs on how to do stuff with iptables.  chances
are that they even already have an example that does exactly what you
need

--sean