Fred K Ollinger on Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:30:07 +0200

Re: [PLUG] [C QUESTION] how to tell caller of a function

> Rather than munging the code, which depending on what it does, may be
> undesireable, just break down and spend the 20 minutes learning ddd, gdb
> or what have you. Google for howto set break points and how to use gdb.

I appreciate all the help. He really does know how to use a debugger. On
day one, I suggested giving an extra arg unique to each function caller,
but he didn't like that (lots of messy work).

He saw this feature in java script and wondered if it worked in C as well.
I'm guessing that it's just not present in C, and there are durned good
reasons for that.

I can see that even calling a function from a function can be a big
debate, which I thought was OK as there are many well trod problems solved
in C as very elegent recursive functions.

Anyway, you make _me_ want to go learn a debugger, when and if I pick up C
again.

Thanks for all the help.

Fred Ollinger