Arthur S. Alexion on Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:01:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] .directory files

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 09:37 am, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > Can these files be safely deleted?
>
> Of course! The only thing that might whine is the silliness that
> created it; nothing real about the file system will be damaged.
> But it sounds like all you'll lose are unique icons (which it
> doesn't sound like you're using anyway).

It seems to just be the icon POSITION, which is strange, because we're
not talking about the "Desktop" subdirectory, where icons are displayed
in a particular position.  Icons in the file manager automatically sort
and positon themselves.

Anyway, I've deleted them.