John McElroy on Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:47:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Intel/AMD Motherboard

The Abit KX7-333R is a top-notch board that has RAID but no audio, LAN, or video.  Support for AMD Athlon XP CPUs, (4) DDR memory slots, VIA KT333 FSB, AGP4X, 6 PCI slots.  There are others also; I think ASUS makes a few.  But most newer boards do have more on-board features that often are inferior to or duplicates the expansion boards you may already have or want to add to your system

Personally, I have an older ASUS A7M266 that has no extras on-board and worked well with Linux and a new Gigabyte GA-7VAX that I have yet to set-up.