gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 2 Oct 2002 01:30:29 +0200

Re: [PLUG] j-pilot backups

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 07:06:01PM -0400, John Lavin wrote:
> There should be a command there to just upload a pilot database to the
> palm.  Do that for all your data files first before doing a sync.  You
> should be back up and running after that.

Been a long time since I used it (since it's been a long time since
I decided that the Palm came no where near being what I wanted in a
PDA, while the Newton--out of service and everything--was clearly
better), but I seem to recall that jpilot has specific backup and
restore functionality. It's the restoring to a PalmOS device other
than the one you originally backed up from that I'm not too sure
about.

In any case, John's "make a backup of the files on your desktop
first" advice is well-taken, I think, having managed at one point to
completely blow my Palm away with an errant rm. :^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net