jeff on Wed, 2 Oct 2002 01:50:18 +0200

Re: [PLUG] j-pilot backups

I found out the hard way that pilot-link takes a palm first, desktop
later priority in sync'ing.  What is likely is it will wipe your desktop
versions out.  Check the documentation.

I will be of absolutely no assistance whatsoever with pilot-link, but I've spent way too much time messing with the Palm and [operating system that isn't linux]. I must second the above most strongly. Check out whether the desktop or the palm is the master and how you set it to resolve conflicts (I like the warning first method).

How do I come about this knowledge? Let's say gravy explodes when left in a container in a hot car. Then let's say it's in the same vicinity as my Palm. Then let's say #(*$@#*&$&*#&$@ as I pick up the Palm and watch gravy drip from its innards.

Mind you, it worked after I cleaned and dried it. I wrote to Palm, suggesting they add gravy-resistant to their list of features. Oddly enough, I never heard back.