Marc Zucchelli on Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:14:11 -0400

[PLUG] cisco or linux as router for T1

The company I work for is moving into a new office,
and getting a T1, and I'm going to have to set up the
network.  I am not familiar with cisco at all, but I
am very familiar with IPTables.  Would it be a good
idea to use a linux box as an alternative to the cisco
router?  Does the csu/dsu even have an rj45 output?

If it comes down to us having to use a cisco router,
which one should I use, and would there be a big
learning curve if I already understand the basics of
routing?

Thank you!

Marc