Jeff Weisberg on Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:50:04 -0400

RE: [PLUG] PLUG Website Maintenence

I'm hearing a lot of good ideas for revamping the website
(many of which have obviously been well thought out).

but, before people put in too much effort, I just want to
ask a few questions, to prevent wasted time.

I know that the site is currently being hosted (gratis)
by nothinbut.net, an ISP. Many ISPs don't offer and don't
permit customers to install apache modules, or cgi scripts.

Is the server which currently hosts the site one on which
desired modules and/or code could be installed? Is it a
server with which we can do as we wish, or one on which
we need to operate within the ISP's constraints?

	--jeff