Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:05:11 -0400

Re: [PLUG] USB vs Ethernet

> Somehow throughout the day, my SuSE 8.0 configuration decided not to recognize the Internet connection via
> USB to cable modem. I'm searching the Internet as well as all of my Linux books for a resolution.
>  However, in the meantime, does someone know how to identify all of the USB ports on a Linux box?

Can you do

lsmod

as root and send us the results?

Also show us:

dmesg | grep usb

Finally, please tell if the usb ports are built-in or a card and the model
of the card (if there is one) and the model of hte modem.

This should help us get you an answer much faster.

Fred Ollinger