Jon Nelson on Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:30:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Best FTP?

I would recommend http://www.pureftpd.org/.  I have been using it and it
has really worked out well.  Here is blurb from their site:

"Pure-FTPd is a free (GPL), secure, production-quality and
standard-conformant FTP server based upon Troll-FTPd. It doesn't provide
useless bells and whistles, but focuses on efficiency and ease of use. It
provides simple answers to common needs, plus unique useful features for
personal users as well as hosting providers."

BTW wu-ftp has had some major security issues in the past.

Jon

mslpop3 said:

> What is the *best* FTP server program for Linux?  I'm running SuSE
> 7.3.  I've only heard of WU_FTP.  Does anyone know where to
> get the latest version or one that you recommend?
>
> Michael

Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin.
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Computer Crimes Unit
W-610.344.4471/P-866.284.1603/jonelson@state.pa.us