Bob Schwier on Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:30:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Linux Business Forum

There is a psychology of brand names at work here.
Linux does not give them comfort because there is no corporate hierarchy
behind it.  Both IBM and Windows have brand names behind them.
My kids seem mesmerized by the brand name and corporate logo.
They do not believe that anything can be meaningful without the backing of
some corporation with advertising budget.
I really have to make an installation work to do games that they like and
connect on the web to make them believe that they can really do this
sh..stuff themselves and not need corporate assistance.
bs