Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:44:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Linux Business Forum

On Friday 18 October 2002 09:54 am, Bob Schwier wrote:
> The problem is simply the time to go through learning Unix.  Most of
> the students are innately familiar with Windows from high school and
> home. That's part of the reason I wanted to create the Linux boxes
> from old give away computers.  Some familiarity in high school with
> Unix or Linux would make the transition easier.

I would agree that the windows habit starts in school, except that it
was that long ago that you couldn't find a windows or dos computer in a
school -- they were all Apple (avoid the temptation to say Macs, my
wife's fifth grade class room still has a few IIe's loaded with math
games).  That didn't cause an Apple hegemony in the business world, so
I'd say this is a red herring.