Bob Schwier on Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:10:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Linux Business Forum

The problem is simply the time to go through learning Unix.  Most of the
students are innately familiar with Windows from high school and home.
That's part of the reason I wanted to create the Linux boxes from old give
away computers.  Some familiarity in high school with Unix or Linux would
make the transition easier.  I have to explain to them that the direction
of the slashes in web site addresses reveals the use of Unix.  They only
see Windows and are not even aware of any issues involved.
bs