W. Chris Shank on Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:00:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] UPDATE: Linux Business Forum

I'm not opposed to keeping this discussion on PLUG. However, I would like an easier way of filtering and threading the discussions for future reference. I do this now on my mail client - but if someone were to join the discussion a month from now - I think they would have a difficult time reviewing the old posts, especially with the mix of highly technical information posted here.

I can expect that some of the people interested in this forum would be business people more than they are technical (maybe they have technical staff). I think it may be difficult to get good participation from them in the PLUG format. I'm not saying there is anything wrong wih PLUG or this format - it's just not for everyone.

However, I haven't had much interest in the forum @ acetechgroup.com either. So it's likely that these discussion will remain here for now anyway.

Chris

multiple seriousity wrote:

maintained). What I'd like to do is take this discussion off PLUG (if you
don't mind) - simply because I think others will find it distracting. As

I just wanted to point out (I was going to point this out earlier..) but
I don't personally find it distracting... and also it's not in the LEAST
bit OT (Off-topic)!! It's ABOUT Linux... and this list is NOT a
technical-help-only list.

This is not to say you need to keep it on-list, but just that people
shouldn't feel so taken aback by the idea of posting related stories,
comments, etc.

Personally the posts that bother ME the most are when people repost
stories that were just on slashdot. :P