Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:01:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] IBM DB2 Installer

> I just got IBM DB2, and I am trying to install it, but I get a shell
> script error. IBM thinks I am using (and everyone else) RPM based distros,
> so therefore I can't install this product. ANyone else face this problem
> with IBM products, and what solution is there?

What distro are you using? RPM itself has source code that's available and
thus can be compiled and installed if it's a dependency. Also, you can
install, on its own partition, the exact distro they want and run DB2 in a
chrooted environment.

Fred