Michael Leone on Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:38:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Reply-to issue with the mailing list.

Arthur S. Alexion said:
> On Thursday 24 October 2002 02:26 pm, William H. Magill wrote:
>> Personally, I prefer the LISTSERV(tm) setting which allows for
>> replies to go both to the sender AND the entire list in the Reply-To.
>> This at least, allows one to "edit out" the list, which is usually an
>> "easier" action than looking up the desired address and cutting and
>> pasting it into place.
>
> For the reasons that you cite, the problem with the setting that you
> suggest, is that, most of the time, anyone participating in a thread
> ends up getting multiple copies of messages.

Exactly. I'm on the list; don't send me private copies of a list message!
:-) But most people never bother trimming the TO:/CC: lines. And that's
what makes that setting so much of a PITA.

> --

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348