Martin DiViaio on Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:11:21 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Accessing ext(x) filesystems from windows

EXT3 is EXACTLY the same as EXT2 except that journaling is turned on. You
can use any of the EXT2 tools available to read the partition without any
problems. (You can even do it under Linux.) Writing to the partition may
be another story. If you use an EXT2 driver to write to an EXT3 partition
the journal would not be updated. This may cause some file corruption if
fsck tries to use the journal to check the partition. (Then again, it
might not but I'm too chicken to try it. :)