Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:22:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Accessing ext(x) filesystems from windows

On Friday 25 October 2002 12:29 pm, Jesse Huestis wrote:
> This is a really round about way to get there, but what about using
> vmware and having both Windows and Linux up at the same time, use
> Samba and connect either way to both sessions?

I was thinking that Samba might be part of the solution, but figured
that somehow the server daemon had to be running for the windows client
to access the ext3 volume.  It isn't possible to run both the client
and server from windows to make it work, is there?