Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:30:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Latex question...

(Sorry, the reply to Naresh was meant to be private. I forgot to
change the default To: line. See discussion on this from last
week. ;-)

So, the whole thing below is because I'm a dufus. I was using
documentclass{minimal}, which apparently one should never do. But I
didn't know this, all I knew is I didn't need much, so I didn't ask
for much.

It turns out, though, that one has to request one of the full-blown
document classes even to get certain TeX basics like \tt. I switched
to report (of which I need precious few features, but it doesn't
intrude much), and all's well.

So now I can successfully say

    \newenvironment{question}
    {\tt}
    {}

And get questions to appear in what the rest of the world now calls
courier.

-Jeff