brad on Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:30:05 -0500

[PLUG] sound card snafu...

dont know if this is the right address, or thing to do, this is my first
time with linux in depth.. ive installed 4 different distros dualing
with windows xp pro..
and in each distro, sound NEVER worked.. its AC97onboard sound in each
case.. (2 different computers) when i did sndconfig in term while in
root, it found my usb webcam as a "soundcard" i clicked ok and it came
back as "not supported" hit ok, and term closed..?? i was like "HUH"??
so after months of no sound.. I was on the phone with afriend of mine,
going thru sound..same thing..he was like "did you try unplugging the
webcam"? i did, and sound is now perfect..
so any usb microphone, webcam with microphone may be misread as a
soundcard..
just my .02 cents, now i'm broke
brad

i guess you share this with others? please correct me if i'm in Err in
sending this information