Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:00:06 -0500

[PLUG] Routine maintenance

I used to do a number of things routinely on my windows computer:

1. scandisk/chkdsk
2. defrag
3. delete errant tmp files

I believe that number 1. is run at bootup as I am using ext3 file
system.

I don't know whether 2. is possible or necessary

I am not sure the best way to find the deletable files in Linux.

Can someone please confirm or correct me on 1. & 2.?  And could someone
direct me to something I can read about a routine file deletion
regimen?

Last, is there something unique to Linux that I should also be doing
that never have done with windows?