gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:53:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Which distro for non-intel machines

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:00:19PM -0500, Molnar, Bradley wrote:
> the Sparc.  Well, more or less.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to get
> the mouse to work right.  The machine is an Ultra 5 (and the mouse is
[...]
> no luck yet with getting my netbsd disc to boot.  I looked at gentoo, but,
> they were still in beta for the sparc, so, I wanted to try Debian first.
> Luckily, no one really uses these machines right now. :)

Well, if you're trying to use a sparc distribution, you'll be out
lof luck for NetBSD. You want the sparc64 port. (The Ultra 5 has an
UltraSparc chip in it, not a Sparc chip.)

That said, if what you have is the ISO off the NetBSD web site (or
with a Wasabi label on it; they're exactly the same disc), I *think*
it's supposed to Just Work if you do boot cdrom at the ok prompt.

What's it doing instead?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net