gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:50:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] BSD total free memory in C ?

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:48:04PM -0500, Jeff Weisberg wrote:
> which in turn is because exactly half have:
> 	file-system     PROCFS
> 	file-system     KERNFS
> in their kernel config.
[...]
> I might rather say any modern BSD has it available as an option,
> but which may or may not be installed.

It's been in GENERIC on every port I use (mac68k, maccpc, next68k,
sgimips, alpha, i386) since 1.5.something. I thought it was 1.5.2,
but don't quote me on it.

If you're building your own kernels, well, we only gave you the gun,
we didn't pull the trigger for you. Ain't our fault there's a hole
in you foot. :^>

(Note that NetBSD is pretty much a gun wholesaler as far as that
goes. I don't see that as a problem, but I certainly avoid telling
people who don't know how to handle firearms that they should use
the OS. But I'm pretty sure you're not in that category, Jeff. :^>)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net