Bradley Molnar on Sat, 9 Nov 2002 03:30:07 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Which distro for non-intel machines

I found the set up from a google search for something with a sun ultra 5 and
xfree86 config (don't remember the exact search) and copied this from a
tutorial on how to set up a sun java something or another.  The keyboard and
mouse setup looked like what I was using, so, I tried it out, and, it
worked.  So, I was quite happy with myself :)

Anyway, for all you debian people out there, is there any way to load up one
machine with all the programs, etc, that you want, and then somehow tell
another machine to install the exact same setup?  I'm trying to get the same
packages on the two machines without typing apt-get install <package> on
both (and if another has to be set up, I'd like to just say, install these
packages) without selecting each package individually in dselect or the
likes.  I ask b/c the gnome install on one appears to be missing some major
component (the desktop doesn't have anything on it, not sure what package
that is) and I was going to try to just make it the same.  Well, that, and I
might have just made a big huge mistake and will probably have to redo most
of it shortly.

thanks
-b