Fred K Ollinger on Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:00:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] webhosting question

> Debian's come a long way, baby.  No, the install is still harder than it
> needs to be, but it seems like Woody was better than either potato or
> slink.  If you want a hand installing a Debian box, let me know - I've
> done about a ton at this point, and find that I'm used to the quirks of
> it.

Get knoppix:

http://www.knopper.net/

Put cd in and reboot. Instant debian desktop. Does at least as well as
mandrake or redhat.

Want to keep this around?

sudo su
knx-hdinstall

Now you will have a gui help you install this to hard drive. Asks very few
questions.

Default install is kde-3 + openoffice.

Fred