Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:30:08 -0500

[PLUG] 21" monitor available

Eventually I will run out of hardware to get rid of...

I have a 21" monitor that I don't need. It's a Sony Trinitron
Multiscan 520GS, does 1600x1200 at 75 Hz. Its only faults are a few
minor cracks in the plastic casing (and one in the base) and a
proclivity to get colors absolutely wrong.

Attentive readers of this list will recall a number of possible
solutions posted here. I very much appreciated that help, but I
ultimately chose not to follow those solutions because

    (1) I'm lazier than I realized
    (2) Insurance bought me a new 21" monitor
    (3) Having spent the last few weeks with two monitors on my desk
        and contemplating life with a double headed display, I've
	decided I prefer desk space to a second monitor. I may regret
	this some day, but, for now, that's the story.

I am not auctioning it on ebay because it weighs just shy of 70 pounds
and it's too much of a bother to ship. Indeed, UPS won't take it,
although they happily delivered it.

So, if you want it, you just have to carry it away from my desk on the
fourth floor of my house in University City. Assuming that there is
contention, I will, of course, happily offer it to the highest bidder.

--
 Jeff