Jeff Abrahamson on Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:10:08 -0500

[PLUG] master vs slave?

I'm installing debian on a new machine, and I notice that my hard
drive is slave on the first controller. Does this matter? I've read a
bunch about this on the net, but fail to really understand why a disk
should be one or another. Maybe this is because it doesn't matter.

At the moment, my new machine is doing the "01 01 01 01"
thing. Drat. Lilo's not happy in any case. I wonder if it's because
the hd is slave...

--
 Jeff