M.Simons on Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:00:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] 1337

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Thomas Thurman wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Stewart B. Lone wrote:
> > Pardon my ignorance, but an anyone enlighten me to the signifigance/meaning
> > of "1337". I seem to be seeing this a lot lately. I googled with the quotes

> So 1337 = LEET, which is "elite" misspelled. There are apparently people
> who think this is big and clever.

One has to realize that it is also often used sarcastically to refer to
said community... so, depending upon the context, people may be using
1337speek seriously, but more often than not, they're being satirically
self-referencial.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org