Time on Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:30:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] sis900 (sos!)

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 09:34:35PM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> heya,
>
> i noticed that there was a 3com controller listed in your lspci, have
> you tried using that module instead?

That's what I was using to send the list all of this yummy output, and
to install the Debian stable base (debian without a nic is painfull)

I can leave that card in there but that wouldn't be very productive of
me. 8)

> if that doesn't work, as a hack, how about bypassing that code
> alltogether?  mac addresses really aren't that important (and can be
> overridden in userland anyways), so if this isn't a symptom of a
> larger problem, it Might Just Work to not read in the address from the
> EEPROM (see below).  i don't know how comfortable you are with rolling
> your own kernel and modules, but see if the attached diff works for
> you.  of course, don't hold me liable for any funkiness that results
> :)

Thanks Sean,

I'll give that a try if this patch I found through google doesn't do it
for me:

http://kernelnewbies.org/kernels/rh73/SOURCES/linux-2.4.18-nicdrivers.patch

: I wont hold you liable, I do really appreciate the help.

--
Regards,

Time

   13