Michael Leone on Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:37:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] near total kablooie

eric@lucii.org said:
> I cannot comment on refurb monitors since I just started
> using one last week :-)
>
> For a KVM I use a Belkin OmniView SE 4 port.  I use their
> cables too so it was a tad expensive setting it all up.
>
> approximate: $125 + 4($20) = $205
>
> The OmniView SE has trouble with some keyboards like the
> Microsoft "natural internet" keyboard.  It worked randomly.
> How can Microsoft screw up HARDWARE???

They didn't. MS hardware is very good across the board, keyboards, mice
and joysticks. The Belkin, OTOH, has problems with NumLocks and mice. too.
We have 2 of them here at work. I make it a point to hit the NumLock
switch a number of times, toggling it on and off, everytime I switch to a
different PC. Otherwise it forgets what setting it's on.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348