gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:17:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] project mgmt software

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 08:11:03AM -0500, Kris Reilly wrote:
> any suggestions?

MrProject. http://mrproject.codefactory.se/ (included with Red Hat 8,
old version I'm using now in NetBSD's pkgsrc is a bit flaky, the
newer version--0.7 or so--is far improved, but getting it built with
out all of Gnome plus some nonstandard stuff like libgsf installed
is a bit complicated). It stores its files in XML, so automating
things (think, nightly cron job to parse the XML and email you
calendar items) should be pretty easy for the user (not that I've
played with that yet).

ToutDoux. http://www.gnu.org/software/toutdoux/ (also Gnome, haven't
played with it much, but GNU abandoned some other MS Project look-a-
like project in favor of it, so it's probably good in some reasonable
person's eyes). Much of the documentation is, predictably, in
French, and I got lost in the Gnome quagmire when I spent ten
minutes with the build a couple of weeks ago.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net