gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:42:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] IBM xSeries experience?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:15:23PM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> hmm.. well reading through Configure.help[1] i see something[2] that

Kernel config options don't do me a lot of good when I'm trying to
*install*...

> Fusion MPT device support

That's it. This guy wrote it:

  http://www.advogato.org/person/klevin/

Using the RH 7.3 install CD's driver disk makes the installer
actually try to load drivers (as opposed to not finding any hardware
it has a driver for, which is what it does with the RHAS 2.1 install
CD), but it loads both mptscsih and mptbase, hangs for a second,
reload mptbase, then reloads mptscsih twice. So something ain't
right.

And ftp.redhat.com seems to be a bit flaky at the moment...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net