Tobias DiPasquale on Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:05:14 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Playing with Fire?

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 16:46, Jon Nelson wrote:

> Jason Wertz said:
> > I may have asked this question before on the list but related to this
> > topic...is there a utility that will take a compiled kernel (say
> > compiled by a previous sys-admin who didn't bother to save there .config
> > files) and tell you all of the configuration options used to compile
> > that kernel?
>
> That's basically what 'make oldconfig' does.  Then when you load it into
> xconfig you can see what was previously selected.

Yeah but 'make oldconfig' relies on the .config file. If its not
present, there is pretty much no way to figure out exactly what's in the
kernel with disassembling it.

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
UNIX Software Engineer