Jon Nelson on Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:32:13 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Playing with Fire?

Tobias DiPasquale said:
> On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 16:46, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Yeah but 'make oldconfig' relies on the .config file. If its not
> present, there is pretty much no way to figure out exactly what's in the
> kernel with disassembling it.

uhhhhh...To the best of my recolection I didn't have a .config until I ran
'make oldconfig'.  Also from Red Hats site:

"make oldconfig ? This is a  non-interactive script that will set up your
configuration file to contain the default settings. If you are using the
default Red Hat Linux kernel, it will create a configuration file for the
kernel that shipped with Red Hat Linux for your architecture. This is
useful for setting up your kernel to known working defaults and then
turning off features that you do not want."

Maybe this is just Red Hat, I dunno.

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin.
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation