John Lavin on Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:30:06 -0500

[PLUG] Configuring Eclipse IDE

Hey all,

I've been pointed to an interesting IDE that I'm starting to use at
work.  Its called Eclipse[1] released under the Common Public License.
It is the base for IBM's Websphere application development tool.

Usually, I just want vi and a command line, but this ide's growing on me
so much so that I've pulled it down and started experimenting with it on
my debian box.  After a couple library apt-gets and a missing symlink
here and there, I have it up and running.

One thing that comes with the pay version IBM distributes is a "web
perspective" among others that help you develop and deploy to
J2EE appservers such Websphere or Tomcat.

Can't seem to locate these plugins to help here.  Anyone have experience
in this?

Regards,
-john

[1] http://www.eclipse.org